shortbread cookie recipe
This is a yummy shortbread cookie! This is the recipe that we recommend to use with our cookie stamps. Why shortbread cookies? You will not have good results if you use a cookie recipe that has baking soda or baking powder as an ingredient. Also, store bought slice and bake sugar cookies do not have good results, either.
- Mix 2 c. all purpose flour with 5T. powdered sugar.
- Break 1 c. butter (room temperature) into medium chunks and add to flour mixture. Add 1 t. vanilla. Cut in with pastry blender until well mixed. Once blended, knead dough with hands until smooth.
- Form dough into 1½” balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place cookie dough ball on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Center cookie press over ball and press evenly. Carefully remove press from cookie.
- Bake in 300° oven for 20-25 minutes until edges are brown.
Note: If cookie stamps sticks to dough, refrigerate dough.
Makes 16 cookies.
Hand wash cookie stamp in warm soapy water.